A qualified learner will be able to:
- Inspect work places and environments to identify the occupational health and safety hazards and determine the risks associated with the work.
- Facilitate and support actions to eliminate or control hazards in order to minimise risks in a designated work area.
- Represent the needs of employees with regard to Occupational Health and Safety matters.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of operational Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Monitor and continually improve the effectiveness of operational Occupational Health and Safety systems.
The qualification is made up of a Knowledge, Practical and Workplace component. Workplace experience must be obtained at a place of work to accumulate workplace hours as specified in the qualification. (+- 8 months) IMPORTANT: The Institute of Business Management is your training provider and as such will provide training support for all knowledge and practical modules. Workplace hours must be completed at your place of work under supervision of an experienced and qualified OHS practitioner.
How to study this programme
You will complete a Knowledge Component (theory), Practical Component and Workplace Component. The IBM is your training provider and as such will provide training support for knowledge and practical modules. You will do online activities and submit assignments for these modules. Assignments:
- 5 theory assignments
- 9 practical assignments
- 5 workplace assignments
Workplace hours will be accumulated at your place of work under supervision of an experienced OHS practitioner. Once you have completed all theory modules and have worked your required hours (+- 8 months full time) you will do an Integrated External Assessment in the form of a written assessment conducted under exam conditions. The Assessment will cover key elements of the theory an practical skills. The exam is an external exam conducted by an QCTO assurance partner.
Your study materials will be downloadable PDF files. These files will be available on your student portal once you finalize your registration. There are no prescribed textbooks you will need to order for this course.
24 Months (Theory, practical and workplace)
A National Senior Certificate (Matric) with Mathematical Literacy or an Equivalent NQF level 4 Qualification.
R 29 500.
The course fee includes your study material, welcome pack, delivery and learner support for up to 24 months. You may pay the full amount upfront, or make a first payment of R 5 700 and select an installment option.